• B.S. (Mathematics), Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC/RJ), July l970.
• M.S. (Mathematics), PUC/RJ, August l97l.
Thesis: “Time dependent and time independent scattering theory for asymptotically coulomb systems”.
• Ph.D. (Mathematics), Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences (CIMS), New York University (NYU), May l978.
Doctoral Dissertation: “The Scaling limit of : !:42 fields in the Anharmonic Oscillator: Existence and Numerical Studies”,
supervised by Prof. James Glimm.
• ABC - Academia Brasileira de Ciências
• AMS - American Mathematical Society
• SIAM - Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics
• SBMAC - Sociedade Brasileira de Matemática Aplicada e Computacional
• SBM - Sociedade Brasileira de Matemática
• SPE - Society of Petroleum Engineers
• ABMEC - Associação Brasileira de Mecânica Computacional
• TWAS - Third World Academy of Sciences
• Scholarship to participate in the VI Colóquio Brasileiro de Matemática (CNPq) - 1967
• Undergraduate Fellowship from the National Research Council of Brazil (CNPq) - 1968/1969
• Graduate Fellowship of CNPq at PUC/RJ - 1970/1971
• Graduate Fellowship of CNPq at NYU - 1971/1976
• Research Fellowship of CNPq at PUC/RJ - 1984/1987
• Research Fellowship of CNPq at PUC/RJ and IMPA - 1988/1989 e 1991/present
• Instructor at the Department of Mathematics, PUC/RJ - 1970/1971
• Consultant at Goddard Institute of Space Flight (NASA), New York, 1976/1977
• Assistant Research Scientist at Courant Institute, NYU - 1977/1978
• Post-doctoral fellow at Rockefeller University and NYU - 1978/1979
• Research Scientist at CIMS, NYU - 1979/1980
• Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, PUC/RJ, 1980/1981
• Visiting fellow, Courant Institute, NYU and Goddard Laboratory for Atmospheric
Sciences, NASA, Greenbelt, MD - 1981/1982
• Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, PUC/RJ - 1982/83
• Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, PUC/RJ - 1983/87
• Professor, Instituto Nacional de Matem´atica Pura e Aplicada (IMPA), 1987/89
• Visiting Professor, Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, SUNY - Stony Brook, 1989/1990.
• Professor, Instituto de Matem´atica Pura e Aplicada (IMPA), 1991/present